Search This Blog

Great American Backyard Campout ~ June 22

from familyeducation.com
When our son was little, the three of us decided to pull out our tent and camp in the backyard. I had vague memories of a Dennis the Menace story (I believe it was a Little Golden Book) about him doing much the same with his dog, Ruff (I can't believe I remember the dog's name!). Anyway, we enjoyed it so much that one night wasn't enough. My husband finally went back inside after our third night out, but my son and I crawled into that tent and slept soundly every night for over a week.
   So, don't say you weren't warned or that you weren't warned in time: the annual Great American Backyard Campout is on Saturday night, June 22, this year: http://www.mnn.com/your-home/at-home/blogs/high-camp-13-must-haves-for-the-great-backyard-american-campout-13
   You can register (it's free) and get all sorts of information here: http://www.nwf.org/Great-American-Backyard-Campout.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment