Search This Blog

It's About Time

Ellar Coltrane plays Mason, Jr.
A friend who had just seen Boyhood wanted to see it again and, happily for me, invited me to go with her. I don't go to many movies; most, I've found, are not worth the price, the search for parking, the waiting in line. Boyhood, however, is another story entirely. Of course, it has its critics (what movie doesn't?), but IMHO, it is an extraordinary film. The director and main actor are extraordinary (as one can easily see in this piece) ~ and the process by which the film was made is extraordinary (disclaimer of sorts: I can't decide whether it would be better to read this article before or after seeing the movie) (story, videos): http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/jul/06/richard-linklater-ellar-coltrane-boyhood-interview-dear-process

No comments:

Post a Comment