Search This Blog

Exploratorium: From Palace to Pier

The Exploratorium used to be at the lovely Palace of Fine Arts.
The Exploratorium in San Francisco has always been one of my favorite places. When I was in high school, my friends and I would drive over there and spend the entire afternoon wandering among the exhibits, trying this and that. And the outside was just as inspiring, with a little lake in the back. Then, when my son was born, I couldn't wait to share it with him and did so as soon as I could. Now, the Exploratorium is opening up in a new location. And it will be a lot bigger ~ hard to imagine! This story was written last year, but it talks about the origin of the museum and gives details about its plans: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/14/science/exploratorium-to-reopen-on-san-francisco-bay-in-2013.html?_r=0

No comments:

Post a Comment