Search This Blog

The Rebirth of the Midwife

"There's too many drugs, too many C-sections, too many inductions, and then there's not enough post-partum care." This, in a nutshell, is what midwife Ina May Gaskin feels is wrong with the typical hospital birth ~ and I, having been through that process, definitely agree. (It's one of those "if I'd known then what I know now" moments for me.) Fortunately for them and their babies, more mothers-to-be are turning to this ages-old way of giving birth. As one young mom who was awaiting the birth of her third put it, "I just don't think that birth is an illness that needs to put me in the hospital" (and thank you to my friend and new midwife Heather for finding this!) (video): http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50146659n

No comments:

Post a Comment