Search This Blog

A Modern-Day Scribe

Phillip Patterson at work                                                                    screen shot
For the past four years, Phillip Patterson has been transcribing the King James 1611 Bible ~ by hand. He's gone through more than 496 pens in the process. "I'm doing this because I've always wanted to know what was in the Bible," he explains, adding that it's a document that is not accepting of his lifestyle. He recently finished his adventure, copying the last two verses during a celebratory event at his church.
   Now that he's gone through the whole book, what does he think? He answers with a question: Do you believe everything you read? "I would sometimes be sitting and writing," Patterson says, "and all of a sudden, it's like the top of my head opens up and I understand, suddenly, how small our beliefs are" (story, video): http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22487280

No comments:

Post a Comment