Search This Blog

Cheese Challenge

Years ago, my husband and I attended a couple of tastings at a wine shop in West L.A. We sat at a long table with other oenophiles and sipped and swished and babbled. One description of a red (don't ask because I can't remember) stuck with me. A young woman at the end of the table said it tasted "like a dusty cowboy." Well, of course, the obvious question is, How did she know?(!), but one must admit, it's an original and very evocative description.
   Apparently, somewhat of the same thing is happening with cheese these days, and the New York Times is challenging its readers to scale new heights of adjectival acumen regarding the cheeses of their dreams: http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/22/are-you-a-master-of-cheese-description/?WT.mc_id=DW-D-I-NYT-MOD-MOD-M290-ROS-0113-HDR&WT.mc_ev=click&WT.mc_c=205190

No comments:

Post a Comment