Search This Blog

Seeing Life From Both Sides Now

Women, obviously, know firsthand the pros and cons of being female. Males, just as obviously, know firsthand the pros and cons of being male. But there's a growing number of individuals who know firsthand the difference between being female and being male. And it's not just about how others treat them. It's also about how they, themselves, feel and act. The people interviewed for this story were born female but transitioned to male. Their comments are truly eye-opening. Take, for example, this, from Canadian newscaster James Gardner: "As a female there was black and white and everything in between. When I started taking the hormones, it was more black and white. If I get into a disagreement with someone at work, I don’t have that feeling afterwards of, 'I hope I didn't hurt his or her feelings. I’m not a worrier as much as I was in the female body." ... Any other women around here suddenly feel like maybe a little shot of testosterone wouldn't be such a bad thing?!? (story, video): http://time.com/transgender-men-sexism/

No comments:

Post a Comment